A student is working on Rembrandt’s self-portrait as St. Paul, located in the Rijksmuseum.  She wants to do more research in the role that Isaac Just (or Juyst or Cuijsten) played in the sale of the painting as an art dealer in Italy.  We can’t find a great deal of information about Just.  Does anyone know if there is an Isaac Just archive anywhere in which research can be done?  We have this question out to a couple of different places, and I’ve advised her to go through the books she is using to check the acknowledgements and prefaces for information about archives consulted, but I thought I would also ask for your help.

Please respond off list to me.

Thanks!

Peggy

Peggy Keeran