Due to spam issues, I've changed my email address to [log in to unmask]. If for some reason you have contacted me and have not heard back, this is why. Please redirect emails to my new address. I'm still working for the Tom of Finland Foundation in Los Angeles, but I'm now officially based in Southern Helsinki.
AND in less than two weeks my new name will be Allison Wickman :)

Many of you probably know that beautiful Turku will be the 2011 European Capital of Culture. I am pleased to announce that next year Tom will be "coming home" to Finland (more info below)! If anyone else happens to have business out  this way in conjunction with all the 2011 E.C.C. happenings, feel free to contact me. I'm happy to show and discuss some of the collections I'm working with.

See ya'll in March!

"The legendary homoerotic works of Tom of Finland have become iconic stereotypes of masculine gay men throughout the world. Many people will be surprised to learn that arguably the most internationally acclaimed Finnish artist comes from Kaarina, a neighbouring town to Turku. Now, Tom of Finland alias Touko Laaksonen (1920-1991) is coming home!

The Homotopia organisation (from Liverpool in the UK) will provide Turku with an extensive collection of Tom of Finland’s works, from sketches made during his early years to later works. The works in the exhibition will come from the Tom of Finland Foundation collection in Los Angeles. Along with the exhibition, public lectures will take place on queer culture and its associated visual arts.

15 January – 15 December 2011 at Logomo"