Hi Marlene --

If the piece you seek is in any of the following English collections of Loos essays, my bet would be "On Architecture" (http://www.ariadnebooks.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=1572410981).

Unfortunately, it's the only one of the four below not in the Bard Graduate Center Library's collection, and I can't seem to track down the table of contents to check!

Do any other Arlisian librarians reading today have this volume in their collection?

Kind regards --
Karyn Hinkle

Adolph Loos in English:

"Ornament and crime : selected essays"
Riverside, Calif.: Ariadne Press, 1998
(ISBN 1572410469)

"On architecture"
Riverside, Calif. : Ariadne Press, 2002
(ISBN 1572410981)

"Adolf Loos, theory and works"
London : Art Data, 1995, (c)1982
(ISBN 0948835168)

"Spoken into the void : collected essays, 1897-1900"
Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, 1982
(ISBN 0262120976)

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Karyn Hinkle
Reader Services Librarian
Bard Graduate Center Library

tel: + 212.501.3035

Bard Graduate Center:
Decorative Arts, Design History, Material Culture
38 W. 86th Street
New York, NY 10024

BGC Exhibitions:
In the Main Gallery:
January 26, 2011– April 17, 2011
Cloisonné: Chinese Enamels from the Yuan, Ming, and Qing Dynasties
Organized in collaboration with the Musée des Arts décoratifs, Paris.
In the Focus Gallery:
January 26, 2011– April 17, 2011
Objects of Exchange: Social and Material Transformation on the Late-Nineteenth-Century Northwest Coast
Organized in collaboration with the American Museum of Natural History.