Dear colleagues,

I just thought I'd let you know that members of the Society of Architecture Historians (one of our affiliated societies) now have the option of subscribing to the ACLS Humanities E-Books.    I've not seen this kind of offer available to other societies yet, so I find it a very interesting development.  Has anyone heard of similar deals with other professional associations?

Here's the announcement of the special subscription offer:

SUBSCRIPTION OFFER: ACLS HUMANITIES E-BOOK
ACLS Humanities E-Book is offering members of the Society of Architectural Historians individual subscriptions to its digital collection of over 2,800 full-text, cross-searchable titles in the Humanities. For just $35, members receive 12 months of access to "One of the best-if not the best-electronically accessible sites in the humanities," (Institute of Historical Research, London). A complete title list is available at the Humanities E-Book website<http://www.sah.org/index.php?cid=293307&forward=92&curlid=153>. ACLS Humanities E-Book continues to expand, adding approximately 500 titles per year. In addition, ACLS Humanities E-Book will add almost 550 titles to the collection in January 2011. Information on these new titles is available at the Humanities E-Book blog<http://www.sah.org/index.php?cid=293307&forward=93&curlid=154>.

Best wishes,

Janine Henri
ARLIS/NA Liaison to the Society of Architectural Historians
Architecture, Design, and Digital Services Librarian
UCLA Arts Library
1400 Public Affairs Building
Box 951392
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1392