From: Phillip Kalantzis-Cope [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2010 10:43 AM
To: Henri, Janine
Subject: International Conference on the Image, University of California, Los Angeles, USA, 2-3 December 2010 - Call for Papers

Dear Colleague,

On behalf of the Conference Organizing Committee, I would like to inform you of the:

INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON THE IMAGE
University of California, Los Angles, USA
2-3 December 2010
http://imageconference.com/

The Image Conference is a forum at which participants will interrogate the nature and functions of image-making and images. The conference has a cross-disciplinary focus, bringing together researchers, teachers and practitioners from areas of interest including: architecture, art, cognitive science, communications, computer science, cultural studies, design, education, film studies, history, linguistics, management, marketing, media studies, museum studies, philosophy, photography, psychology, religious studies, semiotics, and more.

We are pleased to hold the 2010 conference at the University of California, Los Angeles, USA.

This year's conference features the following plenary speakers:
* Howard Besser, Director, Moving Image Archiving and Preservation, Tisch School of the Arts at NYU, New York City, USA
* Sean Cubitt, Director, Media and Communications, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
* Douglas Kellner, George Kneller Chair in the Philosophy of Education, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
* Emanuel Levy, Professor and Critic, Columbia University, New York City, USA
* Becky Smith, Theater, Film and Television, University of California, Los Angeles, USA

For more information about these speakers, please visit the conference website:
http://ontheimage.com/conference-2010/plenary-speakers/ .

In addition to plenary presentations, The Image Conference includes parallel presentations by practitioners, teachers and researchers. We invite you to respond to the conference Call-for-Papers. Presenters may submit their written papers for publication in the refereed 'International Journal of The Image'. If you are unable to attend the conference in person, virtual registrations are also available, which allow you to submit a paper for refereeing and possible publication in the journal.

Whether you are a virtual or in-person presenter at the conference, we also encourage you to present on the conference YouTube Channel. Please select the Online Sessions link on the conference website for further details.

The deadline for the next round in the call for papers (a title and short abstract) is 18 November 2010. Future deadlines will be announced on the conference website after this date. Proposals are reviewed within two weeks of submission. Full details of the conference, including an online proposal submission form, may be found at the conference website: http://imageconference.com/ .