Dear Arlisians,

We recently received a copy of Monica Bonvicini's Cut:
http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/233687110

Anyone else out there wondering what to do about the uncut pages in this volume? Are you having your preservation unit cut them apart? Or are you leaving them uncut?

I can see arguments for both sides. Cutting the pages might ruin a unique feature of this work. But leaving them uncut could result in damage as users try to peek in to see the images. Thoughts, oh fount of collective wisdom?

(To be clear, this is NOT the special edition of the work that comes signed, numbered, and with a blade. That would present a whole other set of interesting questions.)

Many thanks in advance,
MK

Meredith Kahn
Art & Architecture Librarian