Call for Proposals: User Group and Special Interest Group Meetings, Poster Sessions, and Moderators

The 2nd Joint Conference between VRA and ARLIS/NA will be held in Minneapolis, MN from March 24-28, 2011. Our conference theme is Collaboration: Building Bridges in the 21st Century. We are now soliciting proposals for 2011 Special Interest Group and User Group Meetings, Poster Sessions, and session moderators. The deadline for proposals is October 30, 2010.

For Special Interest Groups, User Groups and Poster Sessions please complete the proposal form available via the following link:
http://vraweb.org/conferences/2011Minneapolis-proposal/proposal2.php

* A Special Interest Group or User Group is a 60 minute informal facilitated group discussion on topics related to a specific community within VRA and/or ARLIS/NA. We encourage Special Interest and User Groups from each organization which address the same or similar topics to consider meeting jointly.

* A Poster Session is the presentation of a topic or research both visually and through direct interaction with viewers at a table. This format encourages one on one discussion and self-paced viewing by visitors. Poster sessions may include projects, works in process, and other topics of interest to conference attendees.

A brief abstract is requested for proposal submission, and will be reviewed by the Conference Program Committee. All proposals must be submitted electronically using the online form.

* We are also looking for session moderators.  If you would like to act as a session moderator please contact Heidi Raatz ([log in to unmask]) or Jessica McIntyre ([log in to unmask]) directly.

Moderators will coordinate the sessions, introduce speakers, work with speakers to ensure that they will present in the time allotted, coordinate with the conference planners to obtain appropriate AV equipment, collaborate with presenters to develop questions for the session, and lead the Q&A section of the session.  Moderators may also be involved with assisting speakers with their presentations and gathering session content post-conference for submission to publications.  Moderating a session will provide members with another opportunity to be involved with the conference.

The submission deadline is October 30, 2010.

Questions about the proposal process can be directed to the Conference Program Co-Chairs.

We look forward to reviewing your proposals.

Best regards,
Jessica McIntyre and Heidi Raatz

Conference Program Co-chairs:
Jessica McIntyre
Chair, ARLIS/NA Twin Cities Chapter
Minneapolis Institute of Arts
Art Research and Reference Library

Heidi Raatz
VRA Vice President for Conference Program
Minneapolis Institute of Arts
Visual Resources Department | Permissions