Hi Emily,

Have you looked at the ARLIS Occasional Paper No. 12 called "Collection
Development Policies for Libraries and Visual Collections in the Arts"? It's
available for purchase for $30 (
http://www.arlisna.org/pubs/occpapers/index.html). The library at my iSchool
even had a copy available to borrow. It's a collection of some 30 art and
design libraries' (including academic, museum and public) collection
development policies. I've been using rather extensively for both my course
work and to revise the policy at the academic art library I work at.

I hope you find this useful.

Cheers,
--
Effie Patelos
B.E.S., B.Arch (Honours), MI (candidate 2011)

Reference Student Intern
Dorothy H. Hoover Library at OCAD University

Student Representative, ARLIS/ON
GSU Representative, MI Student Council
University of Toronto