Dear list,

I am pleased to announce the publication of a new book devoted to selected
topics in Canadian modernist painting, including a chapter, authored by me,
exploring the bergsonian sources of multi-media artist Bertram Brooker
(1888-1955): the first Canadian to exhibit abstract art in a solo exhibition in
Canada (1927) and the first recipient of the Governor General's Award for
Fiction (1936 – it was then called the Lord Tweedsmuir Award) as well as an
early scenarist of silent films (ca. 1912-13 -- for the Brooklyn-based
Vitagraph Company of America).  A more complete description may be found on
amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Logic-Nature-Romance-Space-Modernist/dp/0919837808

Best regards,

Adam Lauder
W.P. Scott Chair for Research in E-Librarianship
Rm. 105E Scott Library
York University
4700 Keele Street, Toronto, Ontario, CANADA, M3J-1P3
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Phone: 416-736-2100 x55974
IAINBAXTER&raisonnE blog: http://andraisonne.blogspot.com/