Dear colleagues,

The fourth section of Cataloging exhibition publications--best practices has now been posted on the ARLIS/NA website, as announced by Kraig Binkowski, editor of professional resources. This section covers "Name and title access points" and joins the sections on "Title and statement of responsibility" and "Notes" and "Subjects." This work has occupied much of the Cataloging Advisory Committee's efforts over several years and we were very pleased when the first three sections were added to Cataloger's Desktop a while ago.

We on CAC think that our work is complete on this resource and we're ready to move on. BUT if there is some area which you feel is missing when you're seeking guidance on cataloging exhibition catalogs, please do let us know. We would be happy to entertain your concern. Meanwhile, we will continue with our ongoing work on the new cataloging rules (RDA), the MARC format, and LCSH. The CAC uses a blog for its work and that blog is now open for viewing:
http://arliscac.pbworks.com/

Sherman Clarke
2010-2011 Chair
Cataloging Advisory Committee