Dear ARLIS colleagues,

I am very pleased to announce the recipient of the second annual Professional Development Grant from the Visual Resources Association Foundation. Carrie Salazar, Visual Resources Curator at the Art Institute of Boston (AIB) at Lesley University, was selected to receive support to attend the ACRL 2011 National Conference in Philadelphia, March 30 - April 2, 2011.

Ms. Salazar is a new professional in the field and is just beginning her position at AIB.  She holds a 2007 MLIS from Florida State University and was Interim Visual Resources Curator at Florida University from 2007 to 2009.

In her application Ms. Salazar said of her conference goals, "These topics hold valuable information on how the librarianship profession is evolving and how someone in visual resources should evolve with it." In addition she noted that conference content will help her learn how to reach out to faculty members and students, learn correct collection development skills and their application to the visual collection, and most importantly learn how to develop a proper collection for the user.

Please join me in welcoming Ms. Salazar to the our Visual Resources community.  I'd like to thank VRAF board members David Green and Loy Zimmerman for their work on the Professional Development Grant Committee.

Warm Regards,

Elisa Lanzi
VRA Foundation, chair
http://www.vrafoundation.org