Posted on behalf of Frank Burke

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sabbatical/Research Housing in Italy

My wife and I try to make our research home in Lucca, Italy available
for other academics when we are not using it. We seek renters for our
child friendly recently renovated apartment in Lucca, Italy. Our home
has 880 square feet inside and a 400-square-foot terrace with excellent
vistas. There are two bedrooms and a studio with sofa bed, plus a
spacious kitchen/living room and a bathroom. We are ideally equipped for
research (high-speed internet, satellite tv, printer/scanner, voltage
transformers, etc.). We have air conditioning and heating, dishwasher
and washing machine. We are normally able to negotiate a 10% discount on
Italian language courses for our tenants. The apartment will next be
available from November 15, 2010 to April 30, 2010, and again from
September 1, 2011 to June 7, 2012.

We seek long-term renters, though we will entertain requests for
shorter term rentals, particularly in the summer and spring, in case a
longer term rental does not materialize. We do not rent for periods of
less than two weeks. For more information and photos, see:
www.film.queensu.ca/Burke/Lucca.html. Please direct any questions you
may have to Frank Burke, [log in to unmask] (
about:[log in to unmask] ), or Annette Burfoot, [log in to unmask]
( about:[log in to unmask] ).

--
Frank Burke, PhD
Professor, Department of Film and Media