  Lisa,

The "Introducing..." series of non-fiction comics is great:
http://www.introducingbooks.com/book

It's a series of comic-book style intros to academic topics.  Many are
about philosophers or concepts in philosophy.  The series is inspired by
the 1970s books by the Mexican cartoonist/intellectual Rius whose /Cuba
for Beginners/ and /Marx for Beginners /were probably the first
non-fiction comis of this type to hit the mass market in the U.S.

Have fun,
Henry Pisciotta
Penn State