Hello Arlisians!

Just a quick reminder--please submit your proposals for our virtual conference!  August 10th is fast approaching!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,
Meredith

Call for Proposals: ARLIS/NA Mountain West Chapter Virtual Conference
Adapt, Evolve, Transform: Current Issues in Art Information

The Mountain West Chapter is now seeking proposals for sessions and papers for our Virtual Conference to be held on Thursday, November 4, 2010.  The conference is tentatively scheduled to be conducted using GoToWebinar.  Details on how to participate in a GoToWebinar event will be distributed to all attendees as we near the date of the virtual conference.

Though sponsored and organized by the ARLIS/NA Mountain West Chapter, our virtual conference will be open to the larger community of art information professionals, including librarians and visual resources curators in academic, museum, corporate, and other environments.  You do not need to be a member of the Mountain West Chapter to submit proposals or participate in the conference as an attendee.  Registration fees will be $30 for ARLIS/NA Mountain West members, and $50 for all other participants.

Do you have preliminary results of a research project you’d like to get feedback on?  Is your institution working on exciting new programming or facilities?  How are you weathering the difficult budget climate?  Do you have creative solutions to information problems in art, architecture, design, visual and material culture, and related disciplines?  Share all of this (and more!) by proposing content for our virtual conference!

A paper is a proposal for a 15-20 minute presentation on a topic of your choice.

A session is a proposal for a presentation of up to 3 papers on related topics.

Proposals that allow for significant discussion and dialogue between presenters and attendees are strongly encouraged.  We hope to make this virtual chapter conference a lively, engaging, and valuable experience for participants.

Deadline for submissions: August 10, 2010

Guidelines for Submission:
Please send the following to Meredith Kahn, ARLIS/NA Mountain West Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect at [log in to unmask]:
--type of proposal (paper or session)
--250-word abstract
--list of participant(s)
--institutional affiliation and contact information for presenter(s) and organizer(s)
--anticipated length of time needed for paper or session proposed

Meredith Kahn
Art & Architecture Librarian
University of Colorado, Boulder
303.492.3966