Dear friends,

I am excited to finally have a question to ask the ARLIS list!

I am the image archivist at the Felix Gonzalez-Torres Foundation in New York
City and seeking some guidance. We are currently working on a project to
duplicate all of the artist's negatives, then scanning and making 8x10
prints. I was wondering if any of you in the NYC area have ever completed a
negative duplication project and what vendors you may have used.

In past research for the project it seems a process duplicating to 4x5 is
standard. Is this the only way? While I've been familiar with photographic
archives I've never had experience with negatives so this is very new to me.
I've done some research and read this article:
http://www.nedcc.org/resources/leaflets/5Photographs/01ShortGuide.php

Any advice is appreciated. Off list would be great.

All the best,

Allison

Allison Hemler
MLIS Candidate, Pratt Institute