Dear ARLIS members,

The ACRL/IRIG Visual Literacy Standards Task Force is working on Visual
Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education. We have started a blog as
a forum for discussion about visual literacy, and as a communication tool to
provide information about the standards development process and progress.
Please visit the blog here: http://acrlvislitstandards.wordpress.com/.

We would like to encourage broad community engagement in the Visual Literacy
Standards development process, and invite you to participate in the blog
discussions. Please feel welcome to comment on the blog, and invite others to
do so as well. We appreciate all input.

Thank you very much!

Denise Hattwig, MA, MLIS
Chair, ACRL/IRIG Visual Literacy Standards Task Force

Past Convener, ACRL Image Resources Interest Group

Curator, Image Collections, UW Bothell Library
University of Washington Libraries