Sites with cutting edge “Commons” areas. This is taken from a presentation that I helped present called the Discovering Our Commons.

  The University of Utah - Marriot Library

  University of Nevada, Las Vegas - Lied Library

  Variety of hi-tech and lo-tech workspaces

  Collaboration & comfort - group workstation

  North Carolina State University – Hill Library Learning Commons

  Variety of workspaces and comfort

  Flexibility

  University of Houston, Downtown – W. I. Dykes Library

  Practice presentation room

  University of Tennessee, Knoxville – University Libraries

  Multi-media production and editing studio

  Valparaiso University– Christopher Center for Library and Information Resources

  Inspiring comfortable design

  Encourages collaboration

  Emory University – The computing Center at Cox Hall

~~~~~~

Tara Spies Smith

Reference/Instruction Librarian

Art & Design Librarian

Communication Studies Librarian

Alkek Library

Texas State University - San Marcos

512.245.1636

Check out my blog! ART & DESIGN INFORAMA - http://artinforama.blogspot.com/ - A blog for Art & Design department faculty, students, or anyone interested about new art resources in the library or available on the web. A place to share information about art, artists, design, and designers.