Dear all,

Our special collections are stored in a 400sq ft. room with poor ventilation. We are currently running an air filter and a dehumidifier, but the dehumidifier causes the temperature to spike, sometimes by 6-8 degrees. We have no control over the temperature-- without the dehumidifier it hovers around 70. However, the humidity level can also reach 70%.

Has anyone had success solving a similar problem or does anyone have recommendations for a dehumidifier that would operate without generating excessive heat? Recommendations, advice, and information will all be appreciated. Please respond off list. Thanks for your time.

Best,

Mary Murphy
Visual Resources Librarian
Savannah College of Art and Design®