We installed a 3M model 3502, dual corridor gate at OU’s Fine Arts Library about a year ago and have been happy with it. Happy enough that we’ll be installing another in the Architecture library when it reopens following renovations.

One thing to be aware of – this gate requires a wider clearance from large metal objects, electrical outlets, computers/printers and sensitized materials than the older model.  We needed to rearrange our entry space a little bit to accommodate it.  You’ll want to study the installation guide pretty carefully to make sure you can meets the specs.

Good luck,

Matt

Matt Stock

Assistant Professor/Fine & Applied Arts Librarian

University Libraries

University of Oklahoma

(405)325-4243

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go."

T.S. Eliot