The Spring meeting of the ARLIS/NA Delaware Valley Chapter will be held on Wednesday, June 2, 2010 in the Rhys Carpenter Library at Bryn Mawr College. The business meeting will be from 1:30 - 2:30 in Carpenter Classroom B25 (on the lowest level), with refreshments following in the Quita Woodward Room nearby. At 3:00 we'll go over to the Rare Book Room in the Canaday Library  to have a tour of the Red Grooms exhibition there.  Old Masters and Modern Muses: Red Grooms's Portraits of Artists, 1957-2009 is  an exhibition of more than 30 prints, paintings, and sculptures by prominent American artist Red Grooms. More about the exhibition can be found at: http://news.brynmawr.edu/?p=4843 <http://news.brynmawr.edu/?p=4843> .

The agenda so far:  Welcome to Delaware Valley VRA members, reports from the Boston Conference, updating the website, creating some chapter publicity material.

Here is the Bryn Mawr College page for visitors : http://www.brynmawr.edu/campus/visiting.shtml <http://www.brynmawr.edu/campus/visiting.shtml>  with links for all sorts of directions for getting to campus (by car or train) and for a map http://www.brynmawr.edu/campus/map.shtml <http://www.brynmawr.edu/campus/map.shtml>   of campus. If you drive, park in the lot by Benham Gateway (#38 and the Admissions office on the map). From there you can go through the archway either at #18 or #29 to get to Carpenter, #17 on the map. It sounds more complicated than it is. Carpenter is a 1 minute walk from the Admissions building.

Anyone who would like to walk over to town for a drink and a bite to eat after the tour let me know and I'll find out the options.

Hope to see you there!

Karen

Karen Lightner
Head, Art Department