Dear ARLIS/NA colleagues,

I would like to bring your attention to the following invitation from
JSTOR.  They will be exhibiting at the Boston conference and will also
host an event to showcase the Auction Catalogs Pilot Project that JSTOR
has developed with contributions from the Frick Art Reference Library
and the Watson Library of the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  [n.b. snacks
provided!] I hope that many of you will be able to attend the event;
please be sure as well to stop by their booth to learn more about this
and other JSTOR projects relevant to art research.  If you have time
before the conference, or if you will not be in Boston, please visit the
auction catalogs beta site.

 Regards,

Deborah Kempe

Chief, Collections Management & Access

Frick Art Reference Library

10 East 71st Street

New York, NY 10021

tel. 212.547-0658 ;  fax 212 547-0680

*************************

JSTOR Auction Catalogs Project: Meeting at ARLIS/NA Boston 2010

Saturday, April 24th at 12:00 noon

Beacon Hill Complex (Seaport Hotel - World Trade Center)

Snacks provided

Please join us for a presentation we've called "JSTOR Auction Catalogs
Pilot Project: Shaping a Digital Resource." In partnership with the
Frick Collection and the Metropolitan Museum of Art, JSTOR has created
an online resource with over 1,500 digitized auction catalogs as part of
a pilot project funded by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.  The
presenters will demonstrate the unique features of the site and discuss
new tools developed for exploring this distinctive content.  Please
share your thoughts about the project and discuss with us the best
direction such a resource could take in the future.

We will also have a booth in the exhibit hall - please stop by and share
your thoughts on auction catalogs!

Please visit the Auction Catalogs beta site and try it out. We would be
very grateful for feedback via the survey, linked from that site.
http://auctioncatalogs.jstor.org/

Jennifer McKillop

JSTOR Education Coordinator

and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in
reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.