Hi All,

I'm still looking for a recorder for Session B: Alternative Access: Audio Descriptions and Visual Searching of Digital Image Collections.  Here's the abstract for the session:  "Traditionally images in collections have been described using textual systems that employed thesauri.  Patrons utilized those thesauri in order to search and retrieve images.  The entire process was dependent upon the description of a few salient features of the image.  Technological advances and a shift in thinking about description and access may impact the construction of digital image collections in the future.  One paper describes Stemmario, an experimental database which uses visual elements to search for drawings of Florentine coats of arms; the other paper discusses a project in which audio descriptions are applied to a digital image collection to enhance access for individuals with a print disability."

It promises to be an exciting and informative session so let me know if you're interested in serving as the recorder.  Remember, you only have to record the Q&A part of the session.  Thanks.

Angela
Angela Weaver
Head, Drama Library and
Acting Head, Art Library
145 Hutchinson
Box 353950
University of Washington
Seattle, WA  98195
206-685-3693 or

"Okay, once again, the mall has become my Waterloo."
--Killface in Frisky Dingo