I am doing some research on the history of American art museum libraries. I would be very grateful for pointers to sources on the founding and development of any art museum library, either the one in which you work or others you know about.  Annual reports, published or internal histories, news stories, interviews, archival sources, personal reminiscences, or anything else you can think of are all welcome.  These discussions often appear in museum publications that are not indexed. I know there are some museum publications in JSTOR that contain articles or references to the individual museum’s library, but I have found it difficult to locate other sources.

Thanks so much and looking forward to seeing friends and colleagues in Boston.

Ken

Kenneth Soehner

Arthur K. Watson Chief Librarian

Thomas J. Watson Library