Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. THE ART OF AMERICAN BOOK COVERS: 1875-1930 has arrived!

Yesterday I started shipping signed copies in the order that pre-publication subscriptions were received.

Several ARLIS members have asked if I can bring one to Boston for them this weekend, and I am happy to do that. Please let me know today or tomorrow. It's easy--I'm driving there Friday.

There is an excellent illustrated review of it in Fine Books & Collections magazine, with the subhead "Whether you curl up and read it, shelve it for reference, or place on the coffee table, this is one book you don't want to miss"

The current (April 15) Library Journal says "A perceptive introductory essay makes excellent use of both small illustrations within the text and reference to larger illustrations in the main body of the book to offer perspective on the place of these works and their often anonymous creators within the context of the trends in art and design of the late 19th and early 20th centuries." The Verdict is "A beautiful, reasonably priced book that rewards multiple viewings."

If you would like to meet, come to the Exhibits Hall Saturday morning April 24 at about 10:30 -11.  I'm planning to stop by at Worldwide Books [Booths 223 / 225]. They will have a copy of the book on exhibit.

Best regards,

Richard __________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/join.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Judy Dyki) at: [log in to unmask]