A professor with whom I work is trying to get hold of an interview with Mies van der Rohe that appeared in the "New York Herald Tribune" on June 28, 1959. We believe it was titled "On Restraint in Design." This is a famous interview in which Mies proclaimed "Less is more" but neither of us has been able to determine page numbers so that we could request it through ILL. Does anyone out there have that information to send to me? Or maybe the article itself?

Please respond to me offlist and thanks.

Karen Bouchard

Karen A. Bouchard
Associate Curator of the Art Slide Library
Scholarly Resources Librarian for Art and Architecture
Brown University
62 College St., Box 1855
Providence, RI  02912  USA

Phone: (401) 863-3218