From: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Ruth Thomas
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 8:26 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Francis

As far as I can figure out, Francis does not include art history per se.

It does include Archaeology from 1984 to the present.  I do not believe
RAA (RAA (Repertoire d'Art et d'Archeologie, 1973-1989) is included in
Francis.

We subscribe to Francis via CSA Illumina.  I often take advantage of its

combined database search:  BHA and Francis; BHA, Avery, Francis;
ArtBibliographiesModern and Francis; etc.  Sometimes Francis, which is
primarily a social sciences database, turns up some interesting
peripheral
material on an art or art history topic.

Please pass on any information on whether or not RAA (and RILA)
citations
are included.  Yes, I did send to the shredder our print RAA, RILA, and
BHA!  Keep the faith!!!

  Ruth S. Thomas
Archaeology, Art, Art History, Classics Bibliographer
Mugar Memorial Library
Boston University
771 Commonwealth Ave.
Boston, MA 02215