From: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gabrielle Reed
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2010 11:38 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] ARLIS/NA CONFERENCE – WHAT IS THE CITY EXPERIENCE?

Dear colleagues,

Join your colleagues in an innovative conference experience! The City Experience events are a combination of travel though the city, a tour of architecture and art, and a session that ties the experience together. There will be four events on Monday, April 26th:  The Fenway (the Museum of Fine Arts area); MIT (Cambridge); Harvard (Cambridge), and RISD/Providence, RI.

As part of the Fenway tour, participants will enjoy a tour at Museum of Fine Arts;  at MIT, we will be led on a walking tour of one of the most impressive collections of public art; at Harvard, we will have an architectural tour of modern architecture; and in Providence we will see the newly designed, award winning RISD library and campus.

Each event will offer a full experience of travel through Boston/Cambridge and Providence, as well as interesting tours, and a session that pertains particularly to the locations in which the sessions take place.

You can register for the City Experience on the conference registration form, and there is a minimal transportation cost of $10.00. If you’ve already registered for the conference, you can STILL register for the City Experience events by clicking here.

Join us in a new environment to discuss new and innovative paths in art and architecture librarianship!

See this page for detailed information about City Experience events: http://www.arlisna.org/boston2010/cityexperience.htm

We’re waiting for you in Boston.

ARLIS/NA Boston Conference Co-chairs