Have we mentioned how delighted we are that so many of you are coming to Boston for the 38th Annual ARLIS/NA Conference?  Well, we are.  And if you have not gotten a room at the Seaport Hotel, don't let that stop you from making your arrangements to join us. There are many other options.  I've compiled some of them for you-see below.  I will also post these on the website.

I've thrown this together rather hurriedly so if you find any mistakes or learn that these are booking up, please let me know. As of this morning they all still had availability according to their websites.

One other thing to note: more rooms may come available at the Seaport--they are reserved for another group. We will not have any information about this until next week.

Boston Hotels

Below are some other hotels in Boston that are either located within 1 mile of the World Trade Center or are on the Silver Line or Red Line of the T.  All are typically below $250/night.  The World Trade Center is located on the Silver Line (SL1 or SL2), which connects to the Red Line at South Station.  All other lines connect to the Red Line, so staying at any hotel near the T will also work.  Staying near the Silver or Red Line is most convenient, if you are not within walking distance. I'm assuming most people will not have a car. To see a map of the mbta and how all T lines are connected: http://mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/

Boston Hotels within a mile of the World Trade Center
<http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/BOSFDHF-Hilton-Boston-Financial-District-Massachusetts/index.do>
Hilton Boston Financial District<http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/BOSFDHF-Hilton-Boston-Financial-District-Massachusetts/index.do>
89 Broad Street, Boston, Massachusetts, United States 02110
Tel: 1-617-556-0006   Fax: 1-617-556-0053
http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/BOSFDHF-Hilton-Boston-Financial-District-Massachusetts/index.do
.8 miles from World Trade Center

InterContinental Boston - Boston, MA
510 Atlantic Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts (MA) 02210
Room Reservations Only: 1-866-493-6495
For Inquiries : 1-617-747-1000
http:// www.intercontinentalboston.com/<http://www.intercontinentalboston.com/>
.6 miles from World Trade Center

Club Quarters in Boston
http://www.clubquarters.com/loc_boston.aspx
161 Devonshire Street
(Between Milk & Franklin Streets)
Boston, MA 02110
Phone: (617) 357-6400
Fax: (617) 357-6462
.9 miles from World Trade Center/ .3 miles from South Station (Silver line stop)

Marriott's Boston Custom House Villas
3 McKinley Square
Boston, Massachusetts 02109 USA
Phone:  1-617-310-6300
Fax:  1-617-310-6301
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bosch-marriotts-custom-house/
.9 miles from WTC

Boston Marriott Long Wharf
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/boslw-boston-marriott-long-wharf/
*  296 State Street
*  Boston, Massachusetts 02109 USA
*  Phone:  1-617-227-0800
*  Fax:  1-617-227-2867
.9 miles from WTC

Near the Airport, on the Silver Line

Hyatt Harborside
http://harborside.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp
101 Harborside Drive,
Boston, Massachusetts, USA 02128
Tel: +1 617 568 1234    Fax: +1 617 567 8856
The Silver Line stops at all airport terminals

Hilton Boston Logan Airport
One Hotel Drive, Boston, Massachusetts, United States 02128
Tel: 1-617-568-6700   Fax: 1-617-568-6800
http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/BOSLHHH-Hilton-Boston-Logan-Airport-Massachusetts/index.do
The Silver Line stops at all airport terminals

On the Red Line with connecting service to the silver line
(I have only looked at hotels near Charles/MGH and Kendall/MIT, but there are tons of options if you want to broaden the search to include Harvard Square, Porter Square or beyond)

Near Charles/MGH Red Line T stop

Holiday Inn Boston at Beacon Hill
http://www.hisboston.com/
5 Blossom St. | Boston, MA 02114 | Phone: 617-742-7630
.3 miles to Charles/MGH stop on Red Line with connecting service to Silver Line

The John Jeffries House
http://www.johnjeffrieshouse.com/
14 David G. Mugar Way
Boston, MA 02114
Phone: (617) 367-1866
Fax: (617) 742-0313
400 ft from Charles/MGH red line

Near Kendall Square Red Line T stop

Residence Inn(r) by Marriott(r) Boston Cambridge Center
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/boscm-residence-inn-boston-cambridge/

6 Cambridge Center Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142 USA

 *   Phone:  1-617-349-0700
 *   Fax :  1-617-577-2520
2 blocks from Kendall/MIT T stop

Boston Marriott Cambridge
Two Cambridge Center, 50 Broadway
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142 USA
Phone:  1-617-494-6600
Fax:  1-617-494-0036
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/boscb-boston-marriott-cambridge/
.5 blocks from Kendall/MIT T stop

These Marriotts are very close to each, be careful you make it to the correct one.

Also...

Bulfinch Hotel
http://www.bulfinchhotel.com/
107 Merrimac Street
Boston MA 02114
Phone: (617) 624-0202
Fax: (617) 624-0211
Toll Free: (877) 267-1776
1.6 miles from WTC, .3 miles to Green Line with connecting service to silver line WTC
Because it came up in all of my Travelocity, expedia, hotels.com searches.

Resources
http://www.hotels.com/
http://www.travelocity.com/
http://www.expedia.com/default.asp
http://www.orbitz.com/
http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/

rachel resnik

ARLIS/NA Conference Co-Chair for Local Arrangements

technical services librarian

massachusetts college of art and design

621 huntington avenue

boston, ma 02115