Fellow ARLIS members,

Thank you very much to all of you who have expressed an interest in the ACRL Image Resources Interest Group Visual Literacy Competency Standards working groups.  The small Task Force (4 people) has been drawn from the ACRL IRIG membership (most of us are ARLIS members as well, actually), and we are now working on assembling the Advisory Group.

The Visual Literacy Standards Advisory Group will play a very important role in development of the standards.  Membership in this group will be diverse, interdisciplinary, and broad-based, including members from different ACRL sections, groups, and non-ACRL organizations. We are hoping to draw on the expertise and experience of a range of librarians and educators, including you. The Advisory Group will help guide development of the standards, gather community input, test use of the standards, and make recommendations.

I’ve responded directly to everyone who has contacted me about the standards project so far (please let me know if you haven’t heard from me). We welcome your comments at any time during the standards development process, and will keep you informed as progress is made.

Thank you again so very much for your interest and involvement.

Regards,

Denise

Denise Hattwig
Chair, ACRL IRIG Visual Literacy Standards Task Force
Convener, ACRL Image Resources Interest Group
University of Washington Libraries