Many thanks to the Arlisians who have pre-ordered signed copies of The Art of American Book Covers, 1875-1930.  More than half the limited edition of 100 slipcased copies of the signed first edition have been subscribed. The first sample slipcase is done, and today I added photos to the website:

Limited Edition Slipcase    book in archival dj and slipcase

The books are still on schedule for April 20 publication from George Braziller, and your copies will be shipped either just before the ARLIS conference or as soon as I return from Boston.

If you haven't yet ordered one, the current pre-publication price is good through March 31.  There will be a price increase on April 1. There is a downloadable PDF with some sample pages:

If your library does not yet have a special collection of American publishers' bindings from the golden age, it's easy enough to create one at low cost by taking the books from general stacks.  I'll be speaking about this, and the benefits of promoting this sort of collection, in conference Session J on April 25. Also in that session, Jessica Lacher-Feldman will speak about the strategy and impact of the UA digitization and web presentation of Publishers' Bindings Online and the Web 2.0 outreach. The best of books as art and eye-candy, combined with outreach, audience attraction, and fund raising.

Best regards,

Richard

The Art of American Book Covers 1875-1930