Date: 02/22/2010

Dear Colleague:

I am a graduate student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill,
and I am writing to ask for your participation in a research study that I
am doing for my master's paper concerning user instruction in art and
design libraries.

Through user instruction services the librarian can help students and
faculty develop the information literacy skills needed for their research.
The goal of this exploratory study is to develop a current picture of user
instruction in art and design libraries by gathering data and attempting to
characterize the types of user instruction currently offered in art and
design libraries.

To participate in this study you will need to complete the online web-based
survey found at this address:
http://uncodum.qualtrics.com/SE?SID=SV_77lxZT3YrwChnjC&SVID=Prod

Although times may vary with each individual, this survey should take an
estimated 15-20 minutes to complete. It will be open for about two weeks
starting today, 02/22/2010 and will close on 03/05/2010. In order to
encourage as much participation as possible, I will be sending a reminder
email at the end of the first week and again the day before the survey
closes. You are free to answer or not answer any particular question and
have no obligation to complete the survey once you begin.

Your participation is anonymous.

You may contact me with any questions at (919) 539-3398 or by email at
[log in to unmask]',this)">[log in to unmask]

Thank you for considering participation in this study.

Sincerely,
Stephanie Statham Witchger