Dear Colleagues,

The Data Standards Committee of the Visual Resources Association (VRA) invites you to participate in a brief survey about the VRA Core data standard.  This survey is meant to assess the current adoption of the VRA Core data standard in terms of the types and number of organizations using it, how it is being implemented, and challenges to its use.

The survey is geared towards the following groups:

a) organizations using VRA Core 4.0

b) organizations using VRA Core versions 1, 2, or 3

c) organizations who have considered but not adopted the Core.

Only a subset of the questions apply to groups b & c.  The survey consists of 14 questions and requires approximately 5-10 minutes to complete.

Please click on the following link to access our survey < https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/vracore> .  You will also find a link to the survey posted on the VRA home page ( http://www.vraweb.org/). We request your response by Monday March 1, 2010 at 5pm PST.

Please forward this announcement to other colleagues who may be interested in this survey.

We thank you in advance for your willingness to complete the survey.  Your feedback will help the future development of the VRA Core data standard.

Data Standards Committee Co-chairs -  Johanna Bauman (ARTstor), Trish Rose-Sandler  (University of California, San Diego)