There’s a new kind of programming at our conference this year!

WE’RE TAKING ATTENDEES OUT OF THE HOTEL AND INTO THE SURROUNDING CITY AS PART OF OUR REGULAR SESSION PROGRAMMING.

The City Experience is designed to engage ARLIS/NA attendees in learning about different parts of Boston, Cambridge, and Providence, RI. Attendees will travel to parts of the city they might not see from the hotel or on a regular tour on Friday. Through your travel, you’ll learn about the city, you’ll learn about the part of the city you are visiting, you’ll take a tour at an institution, you’ll have lunch with colleagues, and you’ll attend a session related to your tours.  Enjoy a day of immersive activities with colleagues interested in that venue’s topics!

HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT?

We’re combining the idea of tour, session, and networking into one experience, and taking you through the city, giving you the experience of living in the Boston and Providence areas.

Come try it out with us!

See http://www.arlisna.org/boston2010/cityexperience.htm for a full description of THE CITY EXPERIENCE.

We’re looking forward to seeing you in the Hub in April!

Ann Whiteside

Jennifer Friedman

Conference Planning Co-chairs

Ann Whiteside

Head, Rotch Library of Architecture and Planning

MIT Libraries

Project Director, SAHARA

P: 617-258-5594

E: [log in to unmask]