---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 11:41 AM
Subject: [Artdepart] Books needed for synagogue in Crete
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear friends,
The 600-year old synagogue of Crete has been the victim of two
separate arson attacks that devastated their entire library.
The Yiddish Book Center in Amherst, Mass., has offered to
replace some of the titles. I'm writing this to see if anyone
has any of the books in the list of the books they are looking
to replace. If you do, and would like to donate them, please
get in touch with me and I will take care of the shipping
costs. They need a variety of books, such as encyclopaedias,
dictionaries, etc, in several fields, in English, Hebrew or
Greek. They have a particular need for books on Byzantine,
Jewish, Islamic and Ottoman art and general art history.
For more information and for a link to the list of
books, see http://www.yiddishbookcenter.org/node/610

Igor H. de Souza
Committee on Jewish Studies
University of Chicago