When the Conference planning committee sat down to discuss what we wanted to highlight to our ARLIS colleagues about the 38th Annual ARLIS/NA Conference in Boston, April 23-26, we came up with a list of 352 posts that we really really wanted to send to you all via ARLIS-L.  Needless to say we are not going to subject you to quite that many listserv posts.  However, if you’re as excited about the conference as we are, please visit the conference blog at:

http://arlisnaboston.wordpress.com/

The blog gathers together in one place all of the informative posts from the website, plus quirkier tidbits about Boston, as well as press from the New York Times and the Boston Globe.

Coming soon:

Our friends from ArLiSNAP are recruiting a “first-time attendee” blogger. Vicariously experience the exciting process of preparing for and attending the ARLIS/NA conference through the fresh eyes of a new colleague.

We can’t wait to see you in Boston. For conference details, visit the website at: http://arlisna.org/boston2010

Below is the most recent blog post. Bon appetite!

A recipe for traditional Indian Pudding:

  • 1/2 cup cornmeal
  • 5 cups milk, scalded
  • 1/2 cup molasses
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ginger

Put cornmeal in top of a double boiler and pour scalded milk over it. Blend well and cook over hot water for 20 minutes. Add molasses, salt and ginger. Pour into buttered casserole and bake in a 300°F oven for 2-2 1/2 hours. Serve warm with ice cream or heavy cream.

Courtesy of House and Garden via Epicurious:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Indian-Pudding-20054

rachel resnik

technical services librarian

massachusetts college of art and design