All-

I am teaching a reference class at Pratt’s School of Information and Library Science.  I have assigned a short paper where students have been asked to interview a librarian about their reference philosophy.  Can anyone offer to help a student interested in speaking to an art librarian about their reference philosophy and practice?  His name is Neil Nicholson.

I have encouraged the student to consider communicating via email or phone, depending on your preference.  As with all students, he has been instructed to economize on your time and will gladly send you a list of his questions in advance via e-mail.  In addition, students have been instructed not to include any identifiable information in their short papers so as to protect your privacy and confidentiality.

Please let me know by personally responding to me at the e-mail address noted in the signature block, if you are willing to be contacted by the student.

Thank you for your consideration and in advance, for offering to help an aspiring art librarian.

Sincerely,

Lisa A. Ellis

Associate Professor and Information Services Librarian

Newman Library

Baruch College

(646) 312-1616