Dear Kristen:

I've just browsed through the survey.  It's superb!  And it seems really easy to complete.  I found myself wishing I was still in charge of a museum library that I could describe.  (Not really--I'm very content to be retired--but there are so many more choices available now--just a few years since I was in the thick of it.)  Here's hoping all of the Museum Library Division people answer this.  I actually think it might be possible to fill it out in less than 60 minutes.  The published analysis will be a great tool for all art museum librarians.  We owe you and Suz a great debt of thanks.

Joan
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Kristen Regina
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 1:23 PM
Subject: [ARLIS-L] SURVEY for Art Museum Libraries now open

Dear Art Museum Librarians,

As promised, here is the link to the Art Museum Libraries Survey which is now open:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=cklDLUxTZ184M2d4MlNyOWdkaFE0M3c6MA

This survey developed as a special project of the Museum Division of the Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA). It consists of 127 questions (not all of which are required) and will take approximately 60 to 90 minutes to complete.

Please take the time to examine the survey questions before you begin to answer questions, as some may require input from more than one staff member. Also, have a few documents at hand such as your institution's and/or library's annual report which might be helpful in completing the survey.

The survey will remain open for six weeks and will close Wednesday, March 17, 2010.

For more information about the Art Museum Libraries Survey or to ask questions, please email [log in to unmask].

Please feel free to distribute the survey to any appropriate colleagues who may not receive email from this list-serv.

Sincerely,

Suz Massen and Kristen Regina