Hello collective wisdom,
    We are in the market for a scanner for library staff use.  We don't need anything too high-end since it will be predominately for scanning book chapters, articles, and book images for research needs.  We are mostly in need of the color aspect of it as our current access to scanning is through our printer and is only in black and white and has a very small memory (no more than 6 pages in a single document are allowed).   We are thinking of an 11 x 17 flatbed and are trying to keep costs low.

What do you have in your libraries and do you have any suggestions?

Please respond off-list and thank you for any advice you can provide,

-Alison

Alison L. Huftalen, MA, MLS
Head Librarian
Art Reference Library