Dear Collective Wisdom,

A patron is looking for the picture of (most probably) a painting her
husband claims to have seen in one of the Time-Life series: It depicts a
Native American who has climbed up a telephone pole and is about to
sever the wire(s) with his tomahawk. She would like to find a
reproduction, and would like to know the artist's name and title of the
artwork.

She checked Time-Life books in our collection, and I searched ARTstor,
Google image, and the digital collections of the LC and the Smithsonian
without any luck.

Any ideas?

kj

Kitty Jansen, MA, MLS

Watanabe Family Library

Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art

500 West Washington St.

Indianapolis, IN 46204

p 317-275-1346

f  317-275-1446