From: Kathy Zimon <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [ARLIS-L] term for a type of drawing or graphic image?
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 7:50 PM

I'm hoping that the collective wisdom of arlis colleagues will have an answer to this:   I've been trying to find examples of images or drawings where the image, perhaps a face or figure, is made up of multiples of small images like letters, words, or figures, etc.  Is there a term or label for such images?   Or a more precise description for them?  If you can point me to any examples, or names of artists (probably graphic artists in advertising or commercial art?), I would appreciate it.  Kathy Zimon