Dear Colleagues,

The UC Irvine Libraries are exploring options for providing Streaming Services. As we make plans for the future, we are interested in learning from other's experiences in providing film streaming services to their user-base.

We would be grateful if you would please take a few moments to answer the following questions if they apply to your particular institution:

·         Do you currently have streaming services available at your institution? If so, please briefly describe your institution/library (ex. academic, public, users, etc.)

·         Briefly describe your current setup, what platforms/service are you using? Have you built an in-house streaming server, or do you work entirely with vendors? If so, what vendors are you using?

·         What were the guiding thoughts/principals that led you to choose your current platform/setup?

·         Finally what are the pros and cons of your experience with your current streaming system?

I would be happy to compile answers to share with the list. Many thanks for your time and input.

Best,
Virginia

Virginia Allison
Research Librarian for Visual Art and Dance
Langson Library Reference 143, Zot 8100
PO Box 19557
Irvine  CA  92623-9557
949-824-0360 Phone