Dear Colleagues,

The UC Irvine Libraries are
exploring
options for providing Streaming Services. As we make plans for the
future, we are interested in learning from other's experiences in
providing film streaming services to their user-base.

We would be grateful if you would
please take a few moments to answer the
following questions if they apply to your particular institution:

·
Do you currently have streaming
services
available at your institution? If so, please briefly describe your
institution/library (ex.
academic, public, users, etc.)

·
Briefly describe your current setup,
what platforms/service are you using? Have you
built an in-house streaming server, or do you work entirely with
vendors? If
so, what vendors are you using?

·
What were the guiding
thoughts/principals that led
you to choose your current platform/setup?

·
Finally what are the pros and cons
of your
experience with your current streaming system?

I would be happy to compile answers to share with the list. Many thanks
for your
time and input.

Best,

Virginia

Virginia Allison

Research Librarian for Visual Art and Dance

Langson Library Reference 143, Zot 8100

PO Box 19557

Irvine  CA  92623-9557

949-824-0360 Phone