From: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Brodhead, Heather [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 4:46 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] best source for Auction Cats

Dear CW,
            Our Provenance Researcher is discovering a need for photocopies of pages from difficult to find auction & dealer catalogs of yesteryear.  Those which have been individually cataloged pop up in WorldCat, of course, from those magnificent libraries which have cataloged their extensive collections.  And we are aware of a dealer with a huge collection.

            Are you aware of a comprehensive collection of auction & dealer catalogs in the United States which is not in WorldCat but to whom we can turn for help to obtain photocopies of  relevant pages if needed?  (For instance, if a catalog is NOT in WorldCat, who in the U.S. might have it?)

Heather Brodhead
Librarian
Constance & George Fearing Library
Santa Barbara Museum of Art                www.sbma.net<http://www.sbma.net>
1130 State Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
(805) 884-6451

Library is open to the public Tues., Wed, Thu. 1-5 PM;
  Librarian's hours 10-noon; 1-5:30 on those days.