Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. Artforum Index-new version

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

In my newly upgraded website at www.mcgilvery.com you will find the second and much revised free digital version of "The Artforum Index: volume I, number 1, through volume VII, number 4; June 1962 through December 1968." The mysterious abbreviations that were essential to keep the original printed version of 1970 from ballooning to double or triple size are all spelled out in plain English now. The partial High Performance Index remains the same.

The index files consist of pdfs with a relatively convenient search function by any term, though I would avoid very common ones. If, for instance, a researcher wants to see all of John Coplans' articles in these issues, she will find a complete list of his 41+ contributions under his name on pages 119-120 without too much difficulty. The format does not support a search for multiple subjects, such as Coplans + Lichtenstein. The new link is:

http://www.mcgilvery.com/shop/mcgilvery/indexes.html

If you have a previous link, it will require changing. New technology and a new server have made the old address obsolete. Corrections are always welcome.

The new site also has a search function for books and a shopping cart. You can browse my entire small but interesting on-line stock of books in six broad categories or many specialized catalogues.

177 other dealers and I will be exhibiting at Walter Larsen's upcoming antiquarian book fair in San Francisco, Saturday, 10-7, and Sunday, 10-5, February 6-7, 2010.

The fair takes place at the Concourse, 7th & Brannan, six major streets south of Market.

ARLIS members will be admitted free. Simply show your library credentials or mention ARLIS at the door.

Please feel free to call or write me about any of the above. If you are fortunate enough to be in San Francisco the weekend after next, I will be delighted to see you.

The biennial ABAA fair in Los Angeles will be held at the Hyatt Regency Century City Hotel Friday through Sunday, February 12-14, 2010. See http://www.labookfair.com/ for details.

A Belated Happy New Year to all,

Laurence McGilvery

--
Laurence McGilvery
Member, Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America

(858) 454-4443
www.mcgilvery.com