Arthur Danto was an art critic for The Nation from 1984 to 2009 (per
Wikipedia) - perhaps a librarian or archivist at The Nation or trolling
through their website would help.

Danto wrote many books, some of them collections of essays, one of which
may have the item you need. See the Wikipedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Danto

Or, go to Danto's Columbia Univ. web page with his contact info.
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/philosophy/fac-bios/danto/faculty.html

Best wishes,