Music Library Association conference information.

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rogan, Michael J.
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 1:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MLA-L] Early Bird Deadline Extended !!

Greetings, colleagues!

Since our annual meeting in San Diego is a month later than MLA usually
meets, we have decided to extend our early registration deadline beyond
the same-old, same-old of December 31st to give YOU (and your
institutions) an extra month to register!

NEW early registration DEADLINE:   Friday, January 29th, 2010.

sign in at https://www1.areditions.com/mla/conference-registration

And remember that's not all that's different:  the conference days are
Sunday through Wednesday (March 21-24, 2010) this year instead of our
customary Wednesday (opening reception) through Saturday (banquet).

Also a reminder that the deadline for hotel reservations with Paradise
Point is Wednesday February 17th.

Finally, for those who are doing their homework in preparation for the
upcoming Survey on the Annual Meeting following San Diego, I'd like to
call your attention to an article in the MLA Newsletter No. 132
(March-April 2003) by yours truly, summarizing a Town Meeting held at
the Austin conference to discuss - you guessed it! - our annual
meetings.   Six years and several reforms later we are still struggling:
a hotel industry unaccustomed to the size of our meeting-room
requirements in relationship to our attendance; retaining features
valued by our membership; trying to keep costs in check; moving the
whole show around the country to offer regional parity and variety (some
places might even be "in season"!)...

No, we're not an easy date.  But we're pretty - pretty creative, pretty
smart, pretty invested!   Please answer the Task Force's call when they
send out their survey on the annual meeting - your voice, your heart,
your mind are what is needed.

Looking forward to seeing all you wonderful folks in San Diego!
Michael

Michael Rogan, Head, Lilly Music Library
Granoff Music Center, Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155
library: (617) 627-3594
office:  (617) 627-2846
&
Music Library Association,

Treasurer/Executive Secretary
114 The Fenway 5
Boston, MA 02115

*
To leave MLA-L, send the command SIGNOFF MLA-L to
[log in to unmask]    or   send    an   e-mail    message
[log in to unmask] To suspend mail temporarily, send
the
command  SET  MLA-L  NOMAIL  to  [log in to unmask]  The
MLA
homepage is  located at http://www.musiclibraryassoc.org/  MLA-L
archives
can be accessed at https://listserv.indiana.edu/archives/mla-l.html