Colleagues,

At SCAD's Jen Library, we are looking into purchasing an audience response system (aka "clickers") for use in our library instruction classroom. I have seen some of the literature on clickers from the perspective of academic libraries, but would like to hear personal opinions as well, especially from fellow art librarians.

At this point, we're still comparing vendors, so product recommendations (positive or negative) are especially valuable. What functions do you feel are essential? What have been the drawbacks to your particular setup? Any other advice and commentary on using clickers as an instructional and assessment tool would also be welcome. Feel free to respond off-list.

Thanks in advance for any information,

Heather Koopmans
Reference Librarian
Jen Library