Good morning ARLIS folks.
I'm wondering if someone familiar with the
following could do a mind-dump for the benefit
of us all.

In the context of the possible closure of BHA,
faculty/researchers have been commenting
favorably online about these listed public databases.
[This seems to be an intertwined loop of databases
included/including each other...]

http://www.kubikat.org/index.de.htm
http://www.khi.fi.it/
http://artlibraries.net/index_en.php
http://www.arthistoricum.net/index.php?id=2094&L=1

I had been aware of the Virtual Catalogue for
Art History (VKK) and linked to it from our website.
But I never used it extensively.  The VKK link
now goes to
Art Libraries.net -- Virtual Catalogue for Art History
http://artlibraries.net/index_en.php
which appears to subsume everything else.

Does anyone use/teach these databases?
Are there advantages to searching the various
native interfaces over the combined catalogue?
These seem to be rich in journal lit citations...how
do you compare results to other databases?  Do
you have any idea how far back the indexing
extends?  Are there any major English journals
lacking?  etc. etc. etc.

I'll read the documentation more thoroughly,
but I'd appreciate any comments you can supply
from practical use experience.
Best,
--Linda
Linda Duychak, Art Reference Librarian