Please excuse cross-posting

Dear friends and colleagues,

I am very pleased to announce that I was offered and accepted the position of Head Librarian at the Menil Collection in Houston, Texas last week.  As those of you who know me already know, I fell in love with the Menil at the ARLIS/NA Conference back in 2005 and have since been back, as the Menil was one of the case studies in my forthcoming book on American art museum architecture.

I am very proud of what I have been able to achieve over the last six years here at the New York School of Interior Design and am extremely excited about taking on the challenges at the Menil.  I am also extremely excited to return to the world of museum libraries, my first love in the field of art librarianship.  My first day at the Menil will be February 1st, so I have much to do in the next few months.  I will continue here at NYSID until mid-January and will forward my new contact information once I have it.

I look forward to joining ARLIS-Texas/Mexico and getting to know my colleagues in Texas.

All best,

Eric

Eric M. Wolf

Director of the Library