Announcing an event we're excited about that's happening the day after
Thanksgiving in the New York area.  Come if you can!

*The Art and Picture Collections of
The New York Public Library *
and StoryCorps present:

The heart of
your life
The life of
your art

Marking the occasion of the
*StoryCorps National Day of Listening *
An all-day drop-in event to consider your art and your life

Listen to the stories of six artists
Tell the story of what making art means to you
*
Participating Artists: * Michael Cline, Annette Cords, Anujan Ezhikode,
Builder Levy, Justin Lieberman and Charles Mingus III.

Six artists, at our invitation, have traveled to the StoryCorps booth
to record the story of art in their lives. On the National Day of
Listening, we will hear excerpts from their tales as we look at
images from their oeuvre. The artists will participate in a panel
discussion about their StoryCorps experiences. The audience will
be invited to share what art means in their personal lives. And
StoryCorps representatives will be on hand to explain how to
record and document your own story.

*Friday, November 27th, 2009
10 am to 5 pm *
South Court Auditorium
Stephen A.Schwarzman Building
The New York Public Library
476 Fifth Avenue
42nd Street & 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10018

*Schedule on November 27th *
10 am Artist storytelling, followed by audience interviews
12 noon Artist storytelling, followed by audience interviews
2:15 pm Artist panel, moderated by Arezoo Moseni
3:45 pm Artist storytelling, followed by audience interviews

(At 12 noon, and 3:45 pm the event at 10 am is repeated.)

*Learn more*

http://www.nypl.org/blogs/2009/11/17/heart-your-life-life-your-art

Cheers,
Susan